Here's a photo of the lovely promenade in Bexhill-On-Sea, which is where we found ourselves last week for a couple of days away from nabokov towers formulating plans for 2009.
We stayed in a lovely B&B called The Old Vicarage which has a big living room with an open fire and which serves a knockout full English breakfast. We had some long strolls along the prom, ate fish and chips, and installed ourselves in the cafe of the grade one listed De La Warr Pavillion to drink coffee and decide what we're going to do next year.
Inspired by the sea air, we came up with some seriously exciting stuff. We'll reveal all right here on the blog in due course, but just to whet your appetite, here's a snapshot of what's in store in a jam-packed 2009:
- Terre Haute opens in New York (we'll post full details tomorrow, so check back)
- A fresh new look for Present : Tense
- The nabokov Arts Club back with a vengeance
- The return of shorts, reinvented and reinvigorated
- Lots of festival frolicks
- A brand new nabokov show... maybe even two
Yes indeed. And we can't wait to spill the beans about the other stuff we've got up our sleeves, so keep 'em peeled on the blog and we'll splurge soon.
Meantime, if you ever want a seaside getaway, we highly recommend Bexhill. No sign of a brass band playing "Tiddely-om-pom-pom", but the prom-prom-prom was picture postcard.